NEC – Next Event Calendar
What does the plugin do?
The Next Events Calendar is a WordPress plugin to easily add upcoming events to wordpress. Every event have a single page with date/hour, image, category and content.
Next Event Calendar adds a new option “Events “to the admin Dashboard where users can add new events or delete existing ones. Events can link to a single page or link to custom URLs.
- Events can be organize in categories and filtered through a menu.
- You can easily place your events in any post or page by adding the following text (shortcode): [nec_events]
- You can show events from specific category with the Category Widget Events.
- The systema auto hide past events and show if an event is Today.
- Manage the date of the events is supereasy thanks to a cool datepicker.
- Upload the folder next-events-calendar with all its contents to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place the shortcode [nec_events] on your posts or pages where you want your events to appear
How to add event
In wordpress menu click Events –> Add Events
Set the date:
Place the shorcode [nec_events] in any page or post you want show the calendar.
Show a specific category
Go in Apparence –> Widget and drag the widget to your sidebar, set category and number of posts you want to display.